The NPSP Batch Gift Entry brand new tool which can be used to help users enter donations. It is completely different from batch data entry, which is sadly no longer available.
Batch Gift Entry makes things quicker and easier for users entering donations .
Users can choose which fields they want to add, fields from the Opportunity and Payment objects. Can also capture defaults, e.g. donation stage.
Also update existing open donations and prevent duplicate donations from being created by users.
Batch Gift Entry is well documented on power of hub. https://powerofus.force.com/articles/Resource/NPSP-BGE-Overview
Set up my domain, setting up visability to tabs, objects. Configuring field permissions, and users also need visability of two visual force pages. It is reccomended that this is done through a permission set. Even System Administrators need to be granted the permission set.
- Go to the App Launcher and search for Batch Gift Entry.
02. Click New Batch. The Batch Gift Entry Wizard will take you through several steps.
Expected count of gifts and total batch amount are used if you know , how many gifts and the total value of the gifts expected. If you are certain the expected count of gifts and the total are correct, you can check the Require Expected Total Match checkbox.
03. Now you need to select the fields that you would like to enter, both on the opportunity and the payment object. As the donation involves creating both.
04. Now we can specify if the fields are required and what the default value should be (if required) . E.g. Donation Stage, Donation Date.
05. This is when the system is looking for existing open donations, it will match or suggest updating an existing donation- there is documentation on the behaviours of these matching rules. And select the fields that the rule should use as the criteria, e.g. Donation date, Donation Description etc.
06. Here is the Batch Gift Entry page, select if the donation is an account or contact, any default fields are not-editable, The donation is then added into the batch.
If there is an existing donation, the system will include a notification to “Review Donations” Users can click to review the donation and update the payment or alternatively create a new opportunity. Updating will not create a duplicate.
Now we are ready to process the batch, upon clicking process batch you will see an important information notification confirmation page. The import wizard keeps you updated on the progress of the import.
One the batch has been completed, you can see that the donation has been completed and the status has changed to imported.
You can continue to add donations to the batch if required.