Hyphen8 was formed in 2012. We specialise in grant-making solutions but have broad experience with all types of non-profit activity including fundraising, membership, finances and impact monitoring. We are proud to be a trusted partner for over 100+ organisations ranging from small local charities to some of the largest non-profits in the UK.
Philanthropy is at the heart of everything we do – we have an active social mission and our goal is to establish a charitable Foundation to fund causes that will make a difference.
Introducing the role
This is a really exciting period of growth for the team at Hyphen8. We are growing both as a company, and in the services we offer. We are seeing demand in requests for projects taking an agile approach, and in 2020 we launched our Service Design consultancy to complement the other services we already offer to non-profits.
We currently have an opportunity for an agile delivery manager to join our team. The role includes being a delivery manager on our larger projects, coaching the wider team in agile practices, and working with our service design team to support their work.
- As a Delivery Manager you will manage one or more of our agile projects, typically to deliver a Salesforce platform solution for a non-profit via a multi-disciplinary team, which includes both developers and solutions consultants. You’ll be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
- You will lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- You will ensure that all solutions have passed through the appropriate quality assurance processes and are at the appropriate level of quality before being deployed. You will also ensure that the client is included in the process and that user testing is carried out appropriately.
- You will also ensure that projects are delivered to budget, and any challenges are escalated appropriately.
- Outside of managing the agile projects, you will help to coach the wider team in agile approaches and practices.
- You will also work with our Service Design team to provide consultancy services to our non-profit clients.
Skills and experience we are looking for
Agile Practices: You know about and can lead on a range of Agile tools and techniques, with an ability to coach others with the team. You can represent and be an advocate for these tools and techniques across Hyphen8 and with the clients we work with. You are innovative and ensure that you are up-to-date with the latest trends. You can establish a feedback loop for teams and ensure that working practices are iterated to achieve effective delivery.
Project Experience: You have proven experience in delivering agile digital projects/products and in using a range of agile project management methods.
Budget Management: You can support effective budget management within the constraints of the project. You know how to monitor projected budgets against expenditure.
Team dynamics and collaboration: You know how to bring people together to form a motivated team. You can help to create the right environment for a team to work in and can empower them to deliver. You can recognise and deal with issues. You can facilitate the best team make-up depending on the situation.
Maintaining delivery momentum: You can facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. You can actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
Making a process work. You can identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. You can add value and can coach clients to inspect and adapt processes. You know how to guide teams through the implementation of a new process.
Non-Profit Experience: Experience in the non-profit sector would be useful but is not essential for this role.
Salary £50,000 – £60,000 dependent on experience.
To apply, please send an email with answers to the following 3 questions and a link to your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why would you like to work with Hyphen8?
- What would you like to be doing at Hyphen8 and why?
- Tell us something fun about you