Business Development Manager
Introducing the role
This is a really exciting period of growth for the team at Hyphen8. We are growing both as a company, and in the services we offer. Our prospect pipeline is good and will continue to increase as we strengthen our partnerships and manage our influx of leads from customer referrals. We now need dedicated business development resource to alleviate senior management.
The role of Business Development Manager is a new one and we are looking for someone confident and proactive with excellent written and verbal communication skills to own our sales activity.
- Responding to ITTs and RFPs: completing documentation in the format specified and scaled to the opportunity size including writing proposals, preparing slide decks and cost estimates
- Leading prospect demos: planning demo scripts and content based on prospect requirements and work with internal team members to build specific features
- Build and maintain good working relationships with the Salesforce.org sales teams to collaborate on joint opportunities
- Work with our marketing team to plan new marketing initiatives and collateral across all channels including including attendance at conferences, industry events
- Feed in new ideas to our innovation team in response to identified gaps in our range of services
- Shape and lead business development activities in line with our strategic objectives
Skills and experience we are looking for
Salesforce knowledge: Sufficient understanding of the capabilities of the Salesforce platform and Hyphen8 specific service offering and a commitment to maintain knowledge of new features, products, and services.
Pre-sales experience: Proven experience in all pre-sales activities such as writing tender documentation and showcasing demonstration. Good client relationship skills are mandatory.
Good communication skills: Both written and verbal – this role will involve writing proposals, presenting, and talking to a wide range of different people.
People skills: The ideal candidate will be comfortable talking to anyone and be genuinely interested in people with the ability to show empathy. The role may involve negotiation and an ability to adapt approaches based on the culture of the organisation and the prospects existing technical knowledge
Non-Profit Experience: Experience in the nonprofit sector would be useful but is not essential for this role.
How to apply
To apply, please send an email with answers to the following 3 questions and a link to your LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
- Why would you like to work with Hyphen8?
- What would you like to be doing at Hyphen8 and why?
- Tell us something fun about you